upgrading from WP 3.9.3 with this theme

Home Forums Support upgrading from WP 3.9.3 with this theme

Home Forums Support upgrading from WP 3.9.3 with this theme

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cath

Hi, I had given your theme a try before and am now considering using it with another site.

Two questions:

My site is using WP 3.9.3 as my old theme had issues with updating and you had to go through a whole procedure to update it properly to not lose comments. I never did it and have since switched themes but may switch again. Do you think there would be any issues with upgrading your theme and my content from 3.9.3 to the current? I realize that things can happen but my host company told me to ask. ๐Ÿ™‚

I had posted some questions last time around that I wanted to go back to see the answers. Is there a way to find them here? Maybe I can search by name.

Thanks!

Cath

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Cath,

GP is compatible with the latest version of GP, so you shouldn’t have any issues updating at all.

However, that’s a big update, so it’s worth taking a quick database backup first.

Here are your old topics: https://generatepress.com/forums/users/cathbe/topics/

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

cath

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your quick response. Both answers very helpful!

I am a little nervous about the upgrade because I have a LOT of content. But we will see. Yes, back up is important. Thanks.

I thought of another question: Do you find any issues with regenerating thumbnails of posts if a featured image had not been chosen (not sure if I had asked that before; I dont think so but I have not gone back yet to check).

Thanks again!

Cath

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There shouldn’t be any issues – but if you’ll need featured images you will have to add them to your posts manually.

cath

Hi Tom, question about this – I have a site with over 1000 posts and many were before featured images. Do you know if any of the plug-ins to regenerate thumbnails work with your theme? Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    cath

Thanks. I have tried another plugin just called Regenerate Thumbnails with mixed results. I can try this one too I suppose. ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Worth a shot, regenerating thumbnails can be kind of tricky, but one of those two plugins should definitely work for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.