[Resolved] Updating Generate Press Premium to 1.11.0

Home Forums Support Updating Generate Press Premium to 1.11.0

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    M

I get an error message saying ‘download failed unauthorised’ when I try to download the upgrade to the latest version. I have read in some of the documentation that if the site URL has changed one needs to amend that in the Generate Press settings. I can’t find this setting.

I think I may have a wider problem. The whole of the site I have created was developed locally using a localhost setup. The site is now live on website and it is this copy I want to upgrade the GP version. Can I have a live copy and a localhost test copy running on the one licence? If not how do I change the live copy?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    M

Yes that now works. To be honest I read the document that you pointed me to previously but could find the Section referred to as “Getting an unauthorized message

When you activate your license, the URL you’re activating it from is authorised on our end.

If that URL changes at any time, you need to re-authorize your license key or you’ll received an “unauthorized” error when trying to update.

To re-authorize your license key, go to Appearance > GeneratePress and click the Save button under your license key field.”

The field is identified as the Updates Field!! It is not apparent that this field contains a licence key as it must be 6 months since I entered it

Thanks anyhow

Martin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.