[Resolved] Updating failed. You are probably offline.

Home Forums Support Updating failed. You are probably offline.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bryan

When editing the blocks with the Google, Facebook, and Yelp review images, I get the error “Updating failed. You are probably offline.”

This happens when I try to center the images in the blocks and/or when I try to add a border to the blocks. As soon as I undo the changes, the error goes away and it allows me to save the page.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you try editing the page in an incognito/private browser – maybe a local store issue in your browser.

Bryan

That did not work. I have created an account for support.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t believe this is a theme issue.

What happens if you activate a twenty series WP theme to test?

Does the issue happen there as well?

Bryan

I don’t think it’s necessarily a theme issue either. It might be a Blocks issue… If I activate Twenty Twenty, I get the same result.

Bryan

If you look now, I have created a new container and was able to center the images and add a border with no issue.

If I try to center the images and add a border to the containers in the grid, it gives me the error.

Bryan

Seems to have something to do with images and the grid in Blocks.

If I edit the Home Advisor awards and attempt to make the containers 50% on mobile, so they double stack instead of single stack, I am getting the same error.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried temporarily disabling all other plugins aside from GPP and GB to see if there is a conflict ?

Bryan

I’m thinking there might be a conflict with Avada, which is what I am moving the website away from. I should be ready to just get rid of it completely later today and will follow up.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Aah ok – let us know how you get on

Bryan

So I disabled everything except for GPP and GB and I am still having no luck. I made some minor adjustments to the design I wanted just so that I could make the site live.

I was able to edit the Google rating’s bottom padding, but if I edit the Facebook rating’s bottom padding I get the error.

I was able to edit the mobile width for the Home Advisor Top Rated badge but not any of the others without getting the error.

I did re-enabled some of the plugins for security and consumers.

Bryan

As I continue to investigate, I am thinking it may have something to do with my internet somehow. I was able to make the modifications using my iPhone and cellular service. I just don’t understand why my internet would cause an issue like this.

Bryan

The issue is clearly somewhere on my end. Thanks for the help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you have narrowed down the problem!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.