[Support request] Update user capabilities for access to Appearance > Elements w Members Plugin

Home Forums Support [Support request] Update user capabilities for access to Appearance > Elements w Members Plugin

Home Forums Support Update user capabilities for access to Appearance > Elements w Members Plugin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David

I added a new role object using the Members plugin, using it to add the ‘edit_theme_options’ capability for my designer.

Doing this allowed them to view Appearance > Themes, Customize, Widgets, Menus, GeneratePress options in the navigation menu of their WordPress admin dashboard. Unfortunately, adding this capability to the role object doesn’t create access to “Elements” – which is my primary goal. I would like for this role to be capable of adding or updating headers, footers, etc.

Is a solution possible using Members or another plugin?

I found a similar thread where a code solution was offered:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/add-update-elements-for-specific-user-role/

At this point, I don’t feel like I have the underlying competence to take on such a solution. Essentially I’m concerned I’ll break things, so hoping for a plugin-driven solution.

Cheers!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If your user has the edit_theme_options capability they should have access by default.

However, that thread came to this conclusion as a way to allow editors to have access to Elements:

/* Add Access for Editor to GP Elements
    ------------------------------------------*/

add_filter( 'register_post_type_args', function( $args, $post_type ) {
        if ( 'gp_elements' === $post_type ) {
            $args['capability_type'] = 'post';
        }

return $args;
    }, 10, 2 );

/* Move Elements to Top Level Link to Allow Access
     ------------------------------------------*/

add_filter( 'register_post_type_args', function( $args, $post_type ) {
    	if ( 'gp_elements' === $post_type ) {
    		$args['show_in_menu'] = true;
    	}

return $args;
    }, 10, 2 );

add_filter( 'generate_elements_metabox_ajax_allow_editors', '__return_true' );

Let me know if that helps or not 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.