[Resolved] Update to 3.0

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Update to 3.0

Home Forums Support Update to 3.0

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ivan

Hello,

I am currently using:

GeneratePress 2.4.2
      GP Premium 1.12.1
      Generate Blocks 1.1.2

…with the Article template from the site library as a basis.

I plan to launch my blog soon but would like to update to GeneratePress 3.0 before that. Could you please let me know what should I consider before the update and what changes should I make in order to get the best out of 3.0?

Link to my website below.

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can update to 3.0 without it changing anything on your site – it will automatically detect that your current settings and keep them applied.

You can then test if the new 3.0 flexbox struture and enhancements work with your site, by changing the Customizer > General –> Structure to Flexbox. If all looks ok then you can leave as is. If there are any noticeable issues then you can switch back to Floats.

Ivan

Thanks David! I updated to 3.0 and everything seems to be working as before. The flexbox structure changes the layout a bit so I will stay with floats for the moment.

Enjoy the holidays!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The only change it should make – unless there are elements hooked in to the site – is the width of the Container. The Width is now the exact size that is set in the Customizer > Layout > Container, whereas the old versions width includes the container padding. So you can simply increase the container width to match.

Glad to be of help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.