[Resolved] Update to 1.3.38 breaks header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Update to 1.3.38 breaks header

Home Forums Support Update to 1.3.38 breaks header

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lyle

Hi Tom,

Not sure if this is the same issue that Adam had yesterday as I cannot view his supplied image. However, this is happening after the 1.3.38 version you released as noted in that topic.

In 1.3.34, I had the logo left, the header widget just to the right of the logo and the primary nav in the float right position. After the update, the header right widget is now above the primary nav and floated right as well.

Things return to “normal” if I downgrade back to 1.3.34.

And here’s the other thing … I am not sure how I got the header widget to be just to the right of the logo as that is not an “out of the box” setting πŸ™‚ The only additional code I added, via Simple CSS, is to position the header right widget vertically (center it with the logo) and horizontally (give it some space from the logo).

Cheers!
    Lyle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Lyle,

The floating navigation now sits below everything else in the source, so the mobile menu is below the logo/site title on mobile. This was something people kept asking for, so I finally made it default.

It sounds like you had some custom code added that isn’t compatible with the new structure.

If you want to link me to your site I should be able to help get it back to the way it was πŸ™‚

Lyle

Hi Tom,

I was also thinking that I must have added some custom code somewhere … but where?!? LOL πŸ™‚ Must be “old timers” setting in! LOL πŸ™‚ I looked everywhere and I am pretty sure I wouldn’t have hacked the parent theme files.

Let me update the site in question to 1.3.38 so you can see what’s going on.

http://learnwpbasics.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So right now it looks as it should by default.

Do you have a screenshot of what you want it to look like?

Lyle

As it is now is what it looks like after updating to 1.3.38.

Here is what it looked like with 1.3.34 – the desired look πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try this:

@media (min-width: 769px) {
        .site-logo {
            float: left;
        }

.header-widget {
            float: none;
            display: inline-block;
        }
    }
    Lyle

Wow! Almost there! πŸ™‚ … just need to get some space now between the logo and the widget text but I think I can get that sorted.

But I am still puzzled at how I got it that way to begin with! For the life of me, I can’t recall πŸ™‚ … have to start making notes πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just add margin-right to the .site-logo πŸ™‚

You would definitely need to have been using custom code.

Glad it’s back now though!

Lyle

Thanks so much for your awesome help, Tom!!! πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.