[Resolved] Update Shop and Blog Page Header Text

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Update Shop and Blog Page Header Text

Home Forums Support Update Shop and Blog Page Header Text

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard

I am having some trouble trying to change the header text on my shop pages:

BLOG:
    https://umamilife.net/blog/
    I have a header element set to put the banner image you see below the top menu. In there is places post.title inside <h1> tags. It is working fine, but on this page I don’t want the “blog” text that is currently showing. I cannot for the life of me figure out where this is coming from, I assume it’s the default WordPress title which stays in place regardless of what title I set for the page. I have tried using header and block elements to manually force it, but just can’t figure out how to change this.

SHOP:
    https://umamilife.net/shop/
    Same problem as above. I just can’t figure out where it’s getting the text inside the banner from. I have tried functions to change the shop title but to no avail.

Any guidance on how I can make these changes, or hints as to where these values live in WordPress/WooCommerce, would be much appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you’re correct, both the Blog and the Shop are archive pages that WP doesn’t store a content title for, which is what gets displayed when using the Header Elements {{post_title}} tag – so GP outputs the default Blog and Shop titles in its place.

The fix, without code, is to:

1. Edit your current Header Element and exclude the Blog and Product Archive ( note that location is for the shop ) from the Display Rules.
    2. Create copies of the Header Element, one for the Blog and one for the Shop. And instead of using the {{post_title}} simply add the static text you want displayed.

Richard

Thanks David, worked perfectly.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.