[Resolved] Update question

Home Forums Support Update question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mywonder

Hi Tom (and staff),

I have a question about updating to GP Premium 1.2.94. I looked at your log of what has changed and saw this: Change Post Image label to Featured Image

Before I update, I would like to understand how that will affect what I do in WP. I currently set a Featured Image and then, because I want it to appear only on my running blog page but NOT at the top of the post, I use Disable Elements and check Post Image/Page Header and that does the trick.

I have been very appreciative of this function and before I update would like to know what I will need to do differently, if anything, for the same functionality. Will the box I need to check in Disable Elements say something different after update? Will anything else be different in my workflow?

I haven’t updated the theme yet either…

Many thanks…Meredith (stuck in a happy rut with my work flow right now!)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Meredith,

That’s simply a name/label change in the customizer and it will not affect your existing settings.

In fact any GP updates shouldn’t change your existing settings/website layout etc. Tom tries very very hard to avoid that 🙂

Let me know if this answers your question.

mywonder

Hi Leo,

Yes, I didn’t think Tom would ever do anything to affect how our websites look without our changing something ourselves.

Let me ask specifically. When I am in the Disable Elements section of my post, will I still click Post Image/Page Header to hide the Featured Image from the top of my post, or will it say something different now (or will I need to do something different now?), since the Post Image Label is going to now be Featured Image. I want to have a Featured Image. I don’t want to disable Featured Image. But I DO want to disable Post Image. Does my question make sense? I have been able, till now, to differentiate between Featured Image (for the running blog page) and Post Image (at the top of the post). How will it work now, if they are both being called the same label?

Really hope I am being clear 🙂

Kind regards, Meredith

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh the Disable Elements metabox has not changed – it still looks like this one: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/

You should be able to do the same thing as you did before 🙂

Let me know if this answers it.

mywonder

Yes, this answers my question…you have reassured me to go for it and update. Any issues after that, I know you all will help 🙂

Best to you…Meredith

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.