[Support request] Update Failed

Home Forums Support [Support request] Update Failed

Home Forums Support Update Failed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Hi Tom.

I’ve just tried to update GP Premium from 1.2.92 to 1.2.94 and its giving me this error:

Update Failed: Download failed. cURL error 51: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK

Tried de-activating and re-activating my license but it hasn’t helped.
    I’ve not had any problems with previous updates so not sure whats happened. I’m not using SSL on the domain either.
    I did find in one help thread that it might be because the version of Curl on the server may be too old. Could this be the cause? Although I wonder why its not happened before?.

Any help appreciated.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Andy

Yes, thats the help doc I was referring to in my post but I need Tom to confirm.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yep, it’s most likely because your server is using an old cURL library that needs to be updated.

Andy

My server is running PHP 5.2.16 and cURL 7.21.0. Could this be the issue? My host can’t update my PHP version without moving the site to a newer server unfortunately.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yikes, running PHP 5.2 is a huge security concern. You absolutely want to get that updated, even if it means moving to a new server.

That version of CURL should be ok, but it needs to be compiled with some other libraries. Check the technical info at the bottom of this article: https://kb.yoast.com/kb/update-errors-with-certificate-subject-name/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.