[Support request] Unique header sections on category pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Unique header sections on category pages

Home Forums Support Unique header sections on category pages

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lewis

Hello Tom,

I’m currently using the settings under ‘Customizer > Blog > Page Header Content’ to create a header for my blog archive page.

How can I apply similar settings to individual category pages? (With each having different text, etc.)

I noticed your reply here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/page-header-addon-not-working-on-woocommerce-pages/page/2/#post-165475

Is that still the best way to achieve this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Lewis,

Yup that should still be the best/only way to do it.

Let us know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Blue Clover Ltd.

Hi,

I’ve taken the code of the above answer and modified it to work for me. However my issue is that I would like to display the header using the theme’s “Page Header” way. But this will be too much of a hassle if it uses a lot of inline CSS (copy pasting just the markup won’t be enough).

Any ideas?

Blue Clover Ltd.

To better explain the scenario:

I have a site using GP’s built-in page header on every page, each page with its own unique header. I want to have two post categories, “News” and “Knowledge Base”. For each post category, I want to have a common header for all posts which belong to that category.

I have yet to find a simple way to do this so if there’s a simple solution that escapes me let me know.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately there’s no simple solution for that right now. It would involve building the HTML and CSS yourself.

There are improvements to Page Header planned that will make this kind of thing much, much easier.

Blue Clover Ltd.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your answer. Do you have an ETA for this? I am asking to see if I can wait or if I should find an alternative.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

For now I would find an alternative like building the HTML/CSS.

The Page Header re-build is a big job, so it likely won’t be ready for a couple versions.

Blue Clover Ltd.

OK Tom, thank you for your time.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem, if you have trouble making progress on your code, feel free to let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.