[Support request] unicode in auto header title tag

Home Forums Support [Support request] unicode in auto header title tag

Home Forums Support unicode in auto header title tag

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eva

In my header, a title is showing up in view source that is generated somewhere else when the page is rendered. (it’s not in header.php – I have also added a title and description there manually, see below.) The auto generated one is my site title and tagline as added to the site identity in the theme options interface in wordpress, but also has an en dash that shows up as unicode in the middle.

Because of this, the unicode &#8211 shows up in the preview that some email programs show for the link in my signature.

Where is this located, and is it something I can fix? See bottom line copied from view source:

<title>Helping Youth Overcome Obstacles to Self-Sufficiency | J Bar J Youth Services</title>
    <meta name=”description” content=”A continuum of programs offering innovative options for at-risk youth and families who are working toward self-sufficiency and personal responsibility.” />

<meta charset=”UTF-8″>
    <link rel=”profile” href=”https://gmpg.org/xfn/11″&gt;
    <title>J Bar J Youth Services – Facilitating Positive Change for Youth</title>

Eva

HA! This interface shows the punctuation, not the unicode in the bottom line. The en dash is unicode &#8211

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Just to confirm, is this the - in your <title> element?

If so, are you using an SEO plugin at all? Most (all?) of them should allow you to change that dash to something else.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.