[Resolved] Unexpected icons in niche product review on iOS

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Unexpected icons in niche product review on iOS

Home Forums Support Unexpected icons in niche product review on iOS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nik9

Hello,

I noticed that my product page, add to cart and calculate shipping costs (maybe there are some more) had strange icons. On Desktop it look good also with Dev tools with responsive view to iPhone X. But when I open the same product page on my iPhone X I get icons like exclamation mark for star ratings, a fish for calc the shipping, a surfer for add to cart and SSSSS for customer start reviews. (look at the pictures)

https://ibb.co/KhswkmC

I didn’t had this icons problems with other themes bevor. So is there something in GP Pro where I can change this back to default icons?

Cheers

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

well the Fish icon had made laughing – sorry πŸ™‚

Looks like something is interfering with the Icon fonts that are being loaded.
    None of which look like they are GP related.

For example Woocommerce adds it own Stars font for the reviews. They generally output as a string of ‘ssssssss’ if the font breaks.

The other broken icons i don’t recognise.

Can you try disabling any plugins that were added after the site was imported to see if there is a conflict?

nik9

Hi David

Haha.. no problem.. I also laugh after I saw the fish icon for shipping calc there. πŸ˜‰

It’s strange because on a Huawei p20, iPhone 7 (safari) the icons looks right. Seems there is a problem with iPhone X and safari because on Chrome with my iPhone X it look also right. I also already tried to clear the iPhone safari browser cache – no succes.

nik9

Hi David

So I now also tried with disabling any plugins that were added after the site was imported. But there is no change. The icons still looks wrong. Is there another way to find out where this is coming from?

Maybe I can try to delete the wordpress cache with WP Rocket or WP super cache? What do you mean?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange – I wonder if it’s something to do with your phone specifically. Have you tried a different browser?

nik9

Hi Tom

Yes, sure.. I tried it on my iPhone XS with Chrome browser and it worked! Funny is, that a fried made a test with his iPhone X and it worked also in Safari. Seems there is maybe a issue with iPhone XS in safari but taht is really strange. I think its a safari cache problem.. but I already delete the cache and webseite cookies etc. – no sccess.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Perhaps it’s an extension/app you’re running as well?

Those are core WooCommerce icons, with a user-base that big there would probably be a decent amount of topics on the same thing if it was happening to everyone with an XS.

nik9

Yes I see.. it’s very strange.

I now made a test with a fresh WP install (not same url) and there I don’t have any problems there. I will get the stars and other stuff as expected. So I think this is a issue with my phone.

I will now close this topic. If there is another person with a iphone XS who has the same strange icons I will let you know πŸ˜‰

Many thanks & Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.