[Resolved] Understanding when to use GP Premium Modules

Home Forums Support Understanding when to use GP Premium Modules

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Baz

Hi,

I’m coming from the Genesis Framework which uses php and CSS to achieve some of the tasks automated by the GP Premium Plugin (which is great by the way!).

I was just wondering whether activating each additional module reduces site speed/performance? I’m guessing that every time you activate a module, additional php/css files need to be loaded?

If you had the choice of using CSS to achieve the same results as a GP Premium module, would that be a better option than to use a module?

Just wanted to know of any best practices to reduce overall site resources.

Thanks.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I was just wondering whether activating each additional module reduces site speed/performance?

Some things will affect the site speed/performance. Like adding lots of contents from Block elements or Hooking random multiple scripts on Hook Elements.

GP Premium as a whole is pretty lightweight. It’s the content the module allows you to add that affects the performance.

But that’s pretty much the same for everything since more content means more things to load from the server. So it’s not really the module’s fault.

Just wanted to know of any best practices to reduce overall site resources.

The best practice would be do everything in the customizer UI or module UI first.

You then resort to custom CSS or PHP snippets for things that are not found on customizer UI or module UI.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Baz

Thanks for the insights Elvin.

Will take a another look at some of the GP documents to see what works best.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. 🙂

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.