[Resolved] Understand where to footer comes from on the “shop” theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Understand where to footer comes from on the “shop” theme

Home Forums Support Understand where to footer comes from on the “shop” theme

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chris

Hello,

I’ve been using WP bakery for a few years now and I really get on well with it, I’ve been looking at making the transition to GP Block and pro block, given the theme is so good.

I’ve had a little bit of trouble understanding a few things, Have looked online for documentation and videos but can seem to find anything.
    So I’ll fire a few questions off and see where we get, if this is all covered in theme documentation somewhere please feel free to just send that and I’ll have a read.

1. Where does the footer come from on the “shop” theme? and how do I control it?
    2. As mentioned I like using WP bakery, these don’t tend to work well with the newer themes that have been build in GP Block. I often use the woocommerce page builder features ie such as display all categories on a page with images, when I do this with block pro, it tends to break the theme, do this need its own css once added?
    3. The images that run across the “product categories” pages, how do I update them? I maged to update the on a post page but can’t see how I update then on a product page.

Thanks for your help

chris

Also on the shop theme, the homepage (or pages) seem to be full width but the shop and product pages are 1200. Is there a way to constrict the homepage or pages to 1200? I’ve tried in the customise section but it doesn’t seem to affect the “pages”, is there some css in there making it go full width?

thanks

chris

Oh I can see the are “Elements” so 1,2 & 3 answered.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The home page is using this option to go full width: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-container/

If you set that to Default, it will follow the same width as the other pages.

Hope this helps!

chris

thanks, tom

chris

I’m still a small bit confused, where does the “Content Container” live? is this option some to do with GP Block? as I have disabled this, as I don’t really like it very much. “Page Builder Container option” I don’t use the page build, and I actually use classic mode. Could you tell me where I might be able to find it thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The content container option is in the layout metabox in the edit page screen:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-metabox-overview/#where-is-it

chris

I’ve got it now thanks, in classic mode, it’s on the bottom of the page! I’ve managed to find it an adjust it now, so thanks for your help.

have a good one

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.