[Resolved] Uncaught Error Messeage after saving the GP Premium license code

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Uncaught Error Messeage after saving the GP Premium license code

Home Forums Support Uncaught Error Messeage after saving the GP Premium license code

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It will likely be released early-mid August. However, it won’t fix the issue (not being able to connect between servers). It will simply prevent the uncaught error when that connection isn’t possible.

Jenny Dupuy

Hi,

I have the same error on my site on OVH.
    Site IP : 213.186.33.4
    I would like to upgrade from GP Premium 1.12.2 to 2.0.2.

WP version 5.7.2
    GeneratePress version 3.0.3

Details of error
    ======================
    E_ERROR at line 489 of file /home/…/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/inc/activation.php.
    Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_error_message() on array in /home/…/wp-content/plugins/gp-premium/inc/activation.php:489
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/…/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(292): generatepress_premium_process_license_key(”)
    #1 /home/…/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(316): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #2 /home/…/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #3 /home/…/wp-admin/admin.php(175): do_action(‘admin_init’)
    #4 /home/…/wp-admin/options.php(19): require_once(‘/home/…’)
    #5 {main}
    thrown

Thanks for help.

Aurélien

Hello,
    I’ve got the exact same problem as mentioned above with OVH, using GP Premium 2.0.2 that i just downloaded

Site IP : 51.91.236.193

Somehow it doesnt seem to prevent from working on the theme, but should I initiate it or wait until it’s resolved ?

Stacey Usborne
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jenny,

I just spoke with our hosting and it doesn’t look like that IP is being blocked. This is the response I got from them. You may want to check with your hosting again

That IP looks all good as well, no blocks. I wasn’t able to locate either of those in generatepress access.log, so something is indeed preventing them from your license checks, doesn’t appear to be from our side though

Stacey Usborne
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Aurélien,

I just spoke with our hosting and this IP isn’t being blocked on our end either.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Aurélien

Hi Stacey,
    You suggest us to contact the hosting as you suspect they gave you a partial information that they wouldn’t serve to us ?
    What should we come with so that they know the problem is indeed on their side ?
    And what could be the other reasons for this error to happen ?
    Can I start working on the website ?
    Best regards

Stacey Usborne
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Aurélien,

The IP address you gave me isn’t being blocked by our hosting.

I know there have been some known issues with OVH hosting and being able to activate the license key. You may want to check with your hosting to make sure they’re not blocking anything as well.

Aurélien

Hi Stacey,
    I’ve got in touch with them and they told me they saw no issue on their side, mentioning that it’s more likely a PHP error in the code. By the way, my WordPress interface seems to be fully functional
    Should I try to work as usual not caring about this error, or can it bring dire consequences ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The error code itself is theme-related, but the reason that the error is happening in the first place isn’t. It’s happening because the communication between hosting providers is being blocked by a firewall.

Out of curiosity, can you ask them to try to connect to generatepress.com via cURL on your server? What’s the result?

From my discussions with Kinsta (our hosting provider), I’ve been told that they get a lot of malicious traffic from OVH servers, so it’s possible that their server IPs are banned on the Kinsta network (which uses Google Cloud Servers). If that’s the case, it’s not something they’re able to undo without opening up their network to malicious traffic.

The error you’re seeing will never actually happen until you try to activate your license key, so it’s not something you need to worry about unless you’re activating a license key. It may be that (for now at least) you simply need to manually update: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/updating-gp-premium/#manually-updating

Aurélien

Hi Tom, thanks for the input
    I got a response from OVH, urging me to :
    – deactivate the firewall (i just did it for all domains and subdomains on the server)
    – ask the editor (you) to check if you’re able to communicate with the following IP : 91.134.248.249

Best regards

Jenny Dupuy

Hi Tom,

I don’t know if this helps to solve the problem, but in my case the firewall is not activated.
    However, the SecuPress extension is installed.

Jenny

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

We just spoke to our hosting and this IP was blocked due to 30+ login attempts within 30 minutes: 91.134.248.249

They’ve unblocked it – can you try now?

Aurélien

Hello Tom,
    The licence was successfully activated ! Thanks for your support
    What should I do now ? Can I reactivate the firewall ?

Jenny Dupuy

Hi Aurélien,

What information (or questions) did you give to OVH to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Aurélien

Hi Jenny,
    Find below, in french, the original content of the ticket sent to OVH

Contexte :
    - Tentative d'ajout de numéro de licence sur un plugin WordPress, GeneratePress. C'est un plugin de thème WordPress très utilisé.
    - Renvoi d'une erreur critique qui l'en empêche (cf. Message d'erreur ci-dessous)
    Ce qui a été considéré comme une erreur PHP par le précédent ticket est plus complexe selon le tech support du plugin, et serait le résultat d'un firewall (https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/uncaught-error-messeage-after-saving-the-gp-premium-license-code/page/2/ et page 3)
    En cause : un problème entre leurs serveurs d'hébergement (Kinsta) et le vôtre. Celui-ci serait dû à une importante quantité de trafic malveillant depuis vos serveurs, entraînant des bannissements d'IP serveur en masse.
    Dans la dernière réponse, le Lead Developer demande par curiosité à mon hébergement, càd OVH, de connecter GeneratePress via cURL sur mon serveur pour vérifier le résultat
    Serait-il possible d'agir en ce sens, voire d'enquêter davantage ?
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.