[Resolved] Unable to style custom nav menu using Simple CSS

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Unable to style custom nav menu using Simple CSS

Home Forums Support Unable to style custom nav menu using Simple CSS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John

My site is based on the Marketer theme. I added a custom nav menu in the footer and now I’m trying to style it using the Simple CSS plugin (which I’m using successfully for other CSS tweaks). When I inspect the nav menu in DevTools, I see that the selector is #menu-footer-menu.footer-nav-menu. But when I try to change any of the styles, they’re not being applied and I don’t even see them listed in DevTools. I’m pretty sure I’m targeting the right selector.

What priority does the CSS entered into Simple CSS take with respect to other CSS? I noticed, for example, that when I was styling some fields/buttons that I added via the WPForms plugin, I could see (in DevTools) the styles that I added via Simple CSS, but I could also see the default WPForms style, at a higher priority, so my changes didn’t take effect. I had to fix that by using !important on all my styles.

In this case, however, DevTools is not even showing the CSS I enter into Simple CSS. Am I missing something obvious? See private area for screenshots.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

Try this instead:

.site-footer .menu-footer-menu-container ul {
        list-style: circle;
    }

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

John

Solved, once again. Thank you!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.