[Resolved] Unable to list all posts by author

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Unable to list all posts by author

Home Forums Support Unable to list all posts by author

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Deepak

Hello Team,

I am unable to list all the posts written by my authors.
    When I click on the author name link then it redirects me to homepage.

1. So I wanted to know is this because of some customization I may have done? If Yes, then where should I check?
    2. Also is this a theme feature to redirect 404 to homepage or may be added by one of my plugins? As I assume when I click on author link then it gets 404 but it redirects to homepage instead. Any way to find out?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This isn’t a theme feature.

To check why this is happening, I would:

1. Temporarily disable any custom functions you may have.
    2. Temporarily deactivate your plugins one by one to see if one of them is causing the issue.

Let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

Jean Paiva
    Developer

Hello Deepak,

Looking at the homepage I can see many posts from different authors, with pagination below. There’s something else you wanted to display?

The author’s page redirecting to the homepage seems to be a Yoast plugin problem. If you have Yoast installed, try the following:
    – Go into SEO/Titles & Metas then click ‘Other’ in the top tabs.
    – Untick ‘Disable the author archives and your problem will be solved.

Deepak

Thanks Tom and Jean

I was hoping that if I click on username of author then I should get the list of all the articles written by that author

Is this not possible with generatepress theme?

If not, is there any way to remove the hyperlink from author name so that there is nothing to click for anyone and instead we just get author name in plain text

Deepak

I found the problem, it was Rank Math Setting as you suggested for Yoast so thought to check RM’s settings once.

They by default disable Author archive, after enabling it I am now able to list all the articles written by individual author.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it sorted ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.