[Resolved] Unable to increase content width area

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Unable to increase content width area

Home Forums Support Unable to increase content width area

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Asen

Hello guys,

I’m trying to increase the content width of my posts because I’m adding an affiliate table that looks too narrow when inserted.
    I tried to use the Layout Element to increase my content width layout in vain.
    Would you please check out my site and specific URL provided and let me know how can I make the table look the way it should without affecting other elements on my site?
    Many thanks in advance for your help!

Asen

Check out the current width of the URL previously provided as shown by Chrome dev tools https://paste.pics/FLNF3

It’s strange because when I actually increased it to 950 px with the Layout Element, the content got even smaller/narrower.
    When I go to Appearance-Customize-Layout, I see that the Container Width is 1200 px…
    Not sure if those are the same thing…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You need to increase the Customizer > Layout > Container Width – your site has a Sidebar which is included in that container.

Asen

Hi David,

Thanks for your answer.
    The container width is currently set to 1200 px and when I increase it, nothing happens.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have a Layout Element that is also setting the Content Width?

Asen

Currently, yes. Tried to set it to 1450 px but with no luck.
    I now deleted that element and tried to increase the content width from Customize-Layout-Content Width which is currently set to 1200 px, but I can’t increase it to more than 1220…When I increase it over that number, nothing happens.

Asen

At the same time, as shown in the screen shot the Chrome Dev Tools show that the entry content width is at 792 px…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you want to provide me with temporary admin login so i can see whats going on?

Asen

Of course.
    I included it in the specific area below.
    Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If i go the URL you originally provided and adjust the Customizer > Layout > Container –> Container Width i can see those changes working. Can you try that from an Incognito/Private browser to make sure theres no browser caching interfering?

Asen

Thanks, David, indeed it works.
    It’s just that I don’t see the changes at the same time I modify the px settings and I need to first click on Publish and go and re-open the site to see the changes.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear its working.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.