[Resolved] Unable to create text links

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Unable to create text links

Home Forums Support Unable to create text links

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    CRISTO

I just switched my site from Homestead over to my host at lightningbase and also now using wordpress for the site. When I try to create a text link on a page, it does not work. For example, this page, when I try to add a text link it goes a little crazy and will not take it.

Not sure if this has anything to do with GP or not, just wondering where to start. My old site on Homestead is still active, but it has a different url like this.

I just read one of your previous support topics which suggested activating 2017 wp theme. I did that and the problem went away. But would prefer to use GP premium.

I guess activating the 2017 theme and then switching back to GP premium solved my problem temporarily…I could add text links, then update and then re-activate GP. But then when I try to add a new text link I have to do it all over again…activate 2017 theme, add links, publish and then re-activate GP.

CRISTO

Found the problem akismet anti-spam was installed, and that was the problem.

CRISTO

Sorry to be a pest, but no, that was not the problem. Must be doing something wrong…also have the same proble when inserting an image….cannot edit the position.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you fixed this?

The links are working well for me:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/ckZbelC7y

CRISTO

No….the reason the links are working, is that I switch over to the 2017 wordpress theme, then add the links with no problem then switch back to gp premium theme. If I try to add links directly on the gp premium theme is where I have the problems. Have a similar problem adding photos….cannot specify where to align them.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

there isn’t options you can use to align the links by default.

Can you switch to GP so I can see what the problem is?

CRISTO

Have to leave for a bit…will answer you later. thanks.

CRISTO

I am not trying to align links….but just get them to work.

It’s the photos that will not align…center, left or right.

In both cases when I try to put a link or align a photo, it doesn’t work and starts flashing (not sure if that is a good description…just kind of goes crazy).

Wondering if I did not install gp premium correctly. I have it on my other site and have never had this problem.

CRISTO

Problem resolved, just as I thought, I did something wrong in the setup of gp premium. I think I did not copy the entire license key and that is what messed everything up. Links work fine now and pictures align wherever I choose. Mark this closed!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got this sorted 🙂

CRISTO

Something so simple, yet I drove myself crazy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.