[Resolved] unable to close the gap between navigation bar and cover image.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] unable to close the gap between navigation bar and cover image.

Home Forums Support unable to close the gap between navigation bar and cover image.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    moy

I just created a website & I am unable to close the gap between the navigation bar and the cover image.

when I tried to use only one container, NAVIGATION SHADOW BECOMES INVISIBLE WHICH I CREATED USING CSS CODE ( WHICH I FOUND IN GENERATEPRESS SUPPORT).

.main-navigation {
    box-shadow: 0 2px 2px -1px rgba(0, 0, 0, .2);
    }

I tried to close the gap with container padding option, but I want to have some padding in every side of each container but if I’m decreasing upper padding am unable to get the look I want.

I wanted to show a thing shadow line below navigation with white website background but it’s disappearing with a single container and want to show cover image at the top (below navigation) in home page only.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try adding the box-shadow to the navigations inner container like so:

.main-navigation .inside-navigation {
        box-shadow: 0 2px 2px -1px rgba(0, 0, 0, .2);
    }

Spacing between nav and content comes from Layout > Container > Separating Space and Padding.

When creating full width landing pages we recommend you use the Page Builder Container > Full Width Option:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

This will remove all spacing and padding and allow you to design out the page content. To help with that we suggest our GenerateBlocks plugin:

https://generateblocks.com

With it you can add Container Blocks, Grids, Headlines and Buttons all of which have their own padding and styling controls.

moy

thank you very much mr.david, its works as I wanted it. I love generatepress.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear that

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.