[Resolved] Unable to change the bottom margin of my Footer Widgets

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Unable to change the bottom margin of my Footer Widgets

Home Forums Support Unable to change the bottom margin of my Footer Widgets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marcel Kuhla

Hey Guys,

I’m currently building another page for a company based on GeneratePress (Yeah 🎉)

But I currently run into some roadblocks. First of all, because every block I use within my footer widget space gets an <aside> attached around it, the margin-bottom I set for the block gets completely ignored if it is lower than 30px.

That I can fix with:

.footer-widgets .widget {
        margin-bottom: 0px;
    }

via Simple CSS. Just for my understanding – should I wrap all blocks within the widget space into a Container? Because that would somewhat fix the issue without an additional CSS “fix”, but for some reason, it feels wrong to do it.

My second roadblock is, that because everything gets wrapped into their own <aside>, even with the “fix” from above the margin-bottom gets ignored/overwritten because GeneratePress has the following CSS class:

footer-widgets .widget :last-child, .sidebar .widget :last-child {
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }

So everything mentioned above comes around the same question:

Do I need to put a container around everything together, or is there another fix for my problem?

Regards,

Marcel

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Marcel,

Your idea to wrap everything in a Container Block should be good.

Using custom CSS should be good as well. Something you can try as an alternative is this:

.site-footer .inside-footer-widgets aside.widget {
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }
    Marcel Kuhla

Hey Fernando,

thank you for your response. I will wrap everything in a container block, I think this will be the best course of action.

Thank you again!

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome, Marcel!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.