[Support request] Typography text shadow

Home Forums Support [Support request] Typography text shadow

Home Forums Support Typography text shadow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John

Hello,
    I realy like Generate Press it’s working great however I am missing few things… Can you please think about to add text shadows settings to the typography plugin it would be great to have full control over the text ?

Thanks
    John

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi John,

There’s so many things you can do with the CSS, the Customizer would be a mess if I included them all.

The CSS you’re looking for is text-shadow: https://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/t/text-shadow/

So the part you need to figure out is the selector.

For example:

Site title: .main-title
    Tagline: .site-description
    Menu items: .main-navigation li a
    Heading 1: h1
    Heading 2: h2
    etc..

If you need help with a specific elements, let me know 🙂

Pat

Hi Tom

Similar to the above request, I am looking to place a raised shadow effect of white on green text for my site title and tag line.

Would you be able to provide me with the CSS for this and would I have to insert it into the simple css plugin.

Many thanks

Pat

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It would be something like this:

.site-title {
        /*CSS here*/
    }
    .site-description {
        /*CSS here*/
    }

You can get the CSS from the site Tom linked.

You can either use Simple CSS or Additional CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

John

I fully agree with not putting all of the settings for css in the customizer, it would get really complex and overwhelming to a user if they did. I find it incredibly easy to add to css though when you make yourself a little cheat sheet. In fact often times I will use the same settings for a drop shadow or glow and I keep a word document with screen shots of how each css setting looks so I can just go visually find what I want and then copy the code below it. Makes it super fast for me. Then all you need to do is list all of the elements in GP and you’re set. Grab the element (class), then the css you’re looking to add to it and put them together. Done.

Pat

Hi Leo
    I’ve been trying to add a shadow effect to my site title using the following CSS code inserted into the Simple CSS plugin but so far I’ve had no joy.

.site-title {
    text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #000000;
    }
    Any guidance you can give me on this would be appreciated.

Pat

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic and link me to your site?

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.