[Resolved] Typography Plug-in / Istok font

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Typography Plug-in / Istok font

Home Forums Support Typography Plug-in / Istok font

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Might there be an issue with the Istok font?
    Some time ago I set up a site using generatepress and I used the Istok font in it.
    Then later I set up another site, also using Istok font. I worked on it and then last week or so I noticed that suddenly all text was set to bold typeface and I was not able to set it to normal. I couldn’t find out why and thought maybe I messed something up in style.css. Everything okay with all the other fonts that Typography plugins allows to select. Only Istok is always set to bold. But it wasn’t always like that.
    Now today, after a months or so, I had a look at that first site again and I noticed that its complete text (content, nav.bar tec.) is also completely set to bold. I haven’t edited anything on that site for weeks and it lies on a different server than the other site as well.

Maybe you have an idea what the issue could be. Using gp version 1.2.9.8 on both sites.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Spent the afternoon looking into this – it seems Google switched up what kind of variants that font has.

Unfortunately, this means I have to re-write the way Google Fonts are pulled into the options.

However, for now, you can add this into the wp_head hook in “Appearance > GP Hooks”>

<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Istok+Web:400,400italic' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

That should fix it ๐Ÿ™‚

Michael

thanks. your support is awesome, always!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help – thanks for pointing out this issue! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.