[Resolved] Typography Font not activated on site after Elements

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Typography Font not activated on site after Elements

Home Forums Support Typography Font not activated on site after Elements

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sam

Hi Tom,

Prior to elements, whenever I use a typography style sheet (something like <link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”https://cloud.typography.com/) I’d always had no problem placing it in wp_head.

However, after the update, I’ve added the file into Elements, as a hook, under wp_head, set it to Entire Site to all users, even disabled Google Fonts, but the fonts don’t seem to appear. Any help? Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Any chance you can link me to your site?

Sam

Hi Tom,

It’s on local server, but it’s showing the following errors:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    fonts.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
    contentscript.js:58 <body itemtype=​”https:​/​/​schema.org/​Blog” itemscope=​”itemscope” class=​”home blog logged-in admin-bar post-image-below-header post-image-aligned-center infinite-scroll sticky-menu-fade mobile-header mobile-header-logo mobile-header-sticky right-sidebar nav-float-right fluid-header separate-containers active-footer-widgets-3 nav-aligned-right header-aligned-left dropdown-hover customize-support”>​…​</body>​
    fonts.css:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

Sam

To add on, I see the fonts stylesheet loaded in the head section, but for some reason the font just doesn’t want to budge…

Sam

Tom, if this helps, the error is coming from fonts:css 1

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

A 403 error means that the server that fonts.css lives on is rejecting the request from your site. Perhaps that site doesn’t accept requests from local servers?

Sam

Hmm. I thought so too. But the previous version before Elements update worked perfect…

Unless I can go another way to input the fonts without going through Elements? Or will I get the same outcome?

P.S. your support is the best i’ve seen in years – and I think i’ve seen them all 😀

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can try using a manual hook:

add_action( 'wp_head', function() {
        ?>
        Your hook content here.
        <?php
    } );

Let me know 🙂

Sam

Tom – reporting back. I got it fixed by including localhost in Typography – https://dashboard.typography.com/user-guide/managing-domains

Thanks for your help!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! Glad you got it working 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.