[Resolved] Typography – Font changes after navigating down from homepage

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Typography – Font changes after navigating down from homepage

Home Forums Support Typography – Font changes after navigating down from homepage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Curt

I’m using a code snippet to load Open Sans as a System Font, thinking that would speed up my pages somewhat:

add_filter( 'generate_typography_default_fonts','tu_add_system_fonts' );
    function tu_add_system_fonts( $fonts ) {
        $fonts[] = 'Open Sans';
        return $fonts;
    }

I used the Typography controls to set every single option to the Open Sans entry under System Fonts.

Everything works fine on the homepage, but once you navigate down one level the font appears to be some serif-looking font instead. Open Sans is still specified once I inspect, but not sure where this other font comes from.

Also, when I go back in Customizer the Open Sans is selected in the Google Fonts listing rather than System Fonts. Don’t know if that’s an issue or not.

So I guess I’m looking for a way that loads Opens Sans over the whole site in the fastest way possible. Also open to alternative methods.

Thanks,
    Curt

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Curt,

Perhaps you missed a few steps before adding that snippet?

You can check this out and see if you missed anything.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/

Curt

Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Were you able to make it work for you? Let us know if you have further questions regarding this.

No problem.:)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.