[Support request] Typography Changed After Updating to 3.1.0

Home Forums Support [Support request] Typography Changed After Updating to 3.1.0

Home Forums Support Typography Changed After Updating to 3.1.0

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andrew

Hello,

I just updated the theme to the 3.1.0 version (I have the latest GP Premium plugin). As soon as I updated the theme, the typography completely changed.

The font is all different, all links are underlined, and the archive titles are much larger than I had before.

Before I restore yesterdays version of the site, is there something I’m missing? How can I update the theme without losing my typography settings?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew

One other detail to note. When I view the site through the Customizer, it looks normal. But when I view the live site, the Typography is changed. I cleared cache and ruled that out as the issue.

Andrew

I think I just solved my problem by checking the “use dynamic typography system” checkbox in Customizer. I didn’t realize I would need to check that off to fix the fonts, but it worked.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Andrew,

GP 3.1 and GPP 2.1.1 improved on a lot of things and added options.

See more here – https://generatepress.com/generatepress-3-1-global-colors-dynamic-typography/

As for the underlined links, you can remove it on Appearance > Customize > General as shown here –
    https://share.getcloudapp.com/eDugwgqx

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Andrew

Thanks Elvin. Is there a way to underline all links except headlines (line H2 and H3)?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

best way is to use some CSS for example:

.entry-content p a {
        text-decoration: underline;
    }

This will target just links that are within a paragraph thats within the posts content.

Andrew

Worked perfectly, thank you. One last question on this topic. I’m trying to make the submenu items in the off canvas menu smaller than the parent menu items. I’ve been changing the font size in the new typography section of the Customizer, but when I make the font for the “Off-Canvas Sub-Menu Items” smaller, it also makes the “Off-Canvas Menu Items” font that same smaller size.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Andrew,

but when I make the font for the “Off-Canvas Sub-Menu Items” smaller, it also makes the “Off-Canvas Menu Items” font that same smaller size.

I can’t replicate the same issue on my end, can you link us to your site?

Andrew

Sure, it’s com

Andrew

I added this which did the trick:

.slideout-navigation.main-navigation .main-nav ul ul li a {
    font-size: 19px;
    font-weight: normal;
    }

Still not sure why the font adjustments in the customizer I mentioned previously didn’t work though.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Still not sure why the font adjustments in the customizer I mentioned previously didn’t work though.

If you generate the customizer styles on a external file or if your site has some sort of caching, you may have to regenerate these files and purge cache so the latest settings are applied. Else, the site will just serve the cached version. 😀

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.