[Resolved] Two Mobile Menu questions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Two Mobile Menu questions

Home Forums Support Two Mobile Menu questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kle

Hi there.

Is it possible to set the mobile menu to be able to click anywhere in the menu items to display the submenu? By default, you have to click on the “arrow” on the right side.

Also, is there a way for the submenu to stay open after it has been clicked? I mean, You open/expand the submenu, click on a submenu item to go to certain page, then when you click again the menu, the submenu is closed again by default. If a user wants to navigate to many different submenu items it can be a bit tiring to have to click on the submenu (to expand it) all the time, would be great if you could set it to stay open/expanded after you come back from the visited page to continue browsing the submenu items.

I’m not sure if I missed this settings somewhere in the customizer, but couldn’t find them.

Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Try using custom links as your parent menu items:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#custom-link

As for keeping submenu open, take a look at this post:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/expand-submenu-on-mobile-while-on-subpage/

Kle

Awesome,

I will try both of them, took a quick look and it seems that its what I’m looking for.

Thank you Leo.

Kle

Looked into both solutions and none of them worked : /

What I want to acomplish is that when you click a parent menu, browse the submenu, click on the submenu go to that page and then when you open the mobile menu again, that parent menu submenus are still open and ready to be clicked.

Is it possible?

p.s.

Would be great to have that and more functionality on the customizer for the Mobile devices since they are starting to be the way to go for most people when visiting websites.

Kle

Last case scenario, can I have on Mobile the submenus to stay/appear open/expanded by default?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Kle

Thank you Leo,

I was able to get the menu to be displayed extended with that css. I think I’m going to leave it like that for now.

Thank you for your help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.