[Resolved] Trying to put some links in the footer…

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Trying to put some links in the footer…

Home Forums Support Trying to put some links in the footer…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard Hess

Hi, I’ve just been building aurorahs.com on the Exhibit child theme and LOVE Generate Press and the full add-on suite.

One thing is bothering me.

I want to put some reminder links before the header, and the ideal place to do that is AFTER CONTENT, but that won’t work on the HOME page. Is there an easy way of disabling the “HOOK” on just the home page? The reason is I have two custom sidebars there and the link bar gets crunched into the middle third. I did not want to use columns because I had issues with them working properly, they were abysmal on the smartphone AND the center section will be regularly updated while the sides much less so.

I have it set up now as BEFORE FOOTER CONTENT, but with that, I get a line between the body and the widget containers, though I have “SINGLE CONTAINER” selected.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Hess

I should note that the links are in an HTML table so they respond somewhat better to different display widths than if they were just padded with non-breaking spaces.

Richard Hess

Well, I was able to change from a table to a text string for the links, and by using the <div> command to format it and including a break at the end, I lost the white space.

If you know a quick way to remove this “hook” from just the home page, I think it would look better AFTER CONTENT as it goes before the social media icons which makes more sense.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Richard,

You can use PHP to exclude it from the homepage like this:

<?php if ( ! is_front_page() ) : ?>
    Stuff in here won't appear on the homepage
    <?php endif; ?>

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Richard Hess

THANKS, Tom!

Worked like a charm, when I turned “font page” into “front page” <smile>

Also, my <DIV> formatting needed to be outside the PHP IF clause or I got background visible.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Richard

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, my mistake! Glad you caught that ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad it worked for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.