[Resolved] Trying to get Elementor widget to sit on top of GeneratePress header

Home Forums Support Trying to get Elementor widget to sit on top of GeneratePress header

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lucy

Hi there.

I have a site built with GeneratePress and Elementor. I am trying to add a text widget which includes links to the very top of the site but the links aren’t active – I think it’s a z-index issue. If I move the text widget down below the header area they are fine.

I’ve tried setting the z-index of the text widget to 120 because it looks like the header is 100 but that isn’t helping.

I’d be very grateful for any help!

I hope you are keeping well and sane amidst the craziness.

Best wishes
    Lucy

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you referring to these?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/2CVBls3Np

How are you adding it currently?

Lucy

Hi Leo

Yes. The second row of text is actually a row of links. It’s in an Elementor text widget.

If I move it further down the page the links are active but in the current position they aren’t.

Thanks
    Lucy

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I’m not really seeing a good solution here. The merged header element puts the header on top of everything so the links are covered by it.

It’s not possible to only make the links show up as it’s all included in the same Elementor content.

How would this layout work on mobile?

Lucy

I understand – tricky! It’s a difficult one because I’m working with a designer who is asking me to do things a certain way.

We haven’t yet discussed what she plans to do on mobile but obviously that layout won’t work. I was expecting to probably not show that row on mobile.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The only option I can think of is to insert that section using the inside_mobile_header hook so it’s part of the mobile header and not part of the elementor content below.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_inside_mobile_header/

Lucy

Thanks Leo – I’ll talk to the designer and possibly have a go with that option tomorrow if she’s definite that she wants it.

Off to bed now because I’m in the UK.

Best wishes and thank you for your help,
    Lucy

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.