[Resolved] Trying to disable content title for a category archive page with Layout Element

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Trying to disable content title for a category archive page with Layout Element

Home Forums Support Trying to disable content title for a category archive page with Layout Element

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    janeb

Hi,
    I’m trying to demonstrate how to build a specific header for a particular category using a Block Element (see https://standard.janeb.co.uk/category/plants/ ) I think the new features (currently inn alpha testing) will provide a better method, but this seems to work for now.

However, having typed the name of my category within the block, I wanted to remove it from further down the page. I’m trying to do this with a Layout Element with “Content Title” selected under “Disable Elements” and “Post Category Archive” = “Plants” under “Display Rules”.

But it doesn’t seem to be having any effect.

Have I misunderstood how this works or is there a problem?

Thanks for your help.
    Jane

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

before GPP 2.0 you will need to add the function provided here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/category-name-on-page/#post-1661901

janeb

Thanks, David.

I can do that but I don’t understand why it appears to be an option for a Layout Element. Is that just there ready for when GPP 2.0 is released?

janeb

Ah, maybe the Category name is not the same sort of a thing as the Content Title.

Right, now I have realised that the Layout Element I had set up was removing the content titles of individual blog posts within the archive list. I think I get it now.

Thanks for your help with this.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats right the Category Title isn’t the Content Title on archives ( that would be the title in each of your posts ).

janeb

I’ve come up with a sneaky way to do what I wanted to by having a Header Element just containing the template tag for post title and putting that before my Block Element.

But anyway, I had misunderstood what was going on, so I have learnt something today ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats right the Header Element does it automatically – in GPP 2.0 Block Elements you will have the option to disable the title ๐Ÿ™‚

Sean

For those of us using the beta, how would this be done?

I’ve tried unchecking the box labeled as “Display post categories” in the Layout > Blog > Archives area. I’m wondering if I’m missing this somewhere else?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sean,

In GP 2.0, when you create a block element as page hero, there’s an option for you to Disable the default title.

Sean

Unfortunately, I’m not seeing that as an option. I’m assuming it’s somewhere in Appearance > Elements ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sean,

Can you link me to the page in question so I can make sure we are talking about the same element here?

Feel free to open a new topic so you can use the private info field.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.