[Resolved] Trouble Installing Add-Ons to Mac

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Trouble Installing Add-Ons to Mac

Home Forums Support Trouble Installing Add-Ons to Mac

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Melissa Lines

Hi, sorry if this is a basic question. I searched the Support files and couldn’t find an answer. I’m brand new to building a blog and love Generate Press – it’s easy to use and looks great.

However I just purchased Premium Add-Ons, downloaded it to my downloads folder, and now I’m stuck. I read your instructions and can’t figure out how to activate the Add-Ons. I go to Dashboard, PlugIns, Add New, Upload Plugin, and the Install Now button is not active. Only the Choose File. I’ve downloaded Add-Ons twice and the same thing happens. Am I missing a step somewhere? Thanks much…I’m dying to prettify my blog with these little tweakers:)
    Melissa

Melissa Lines

?? Thanks but I have absolutely no idea what you just said. No programming experience. I’ve activated other WP plugins in this, my first week of WP’ing, with no trouble at all, just pushing buttons. I think I should be able to active Add-Ons the same way. ?? Thanks again..
    Melissa

Alex

Go to Appearance > GeneratePress > put in the email you used during purchase > click Activate > under Add-On section select add-on’s you purchased > click Save.

Melissa Lines

Alex – Thanks but it still doesn’t work. I went to Appearances, clicked Generate Press…
    Three boxes:
    1-Information, version number, author, website. ?Buttons: Customize which takes me to the customize screen on my website, Add-ons takes me to the GP website), Buy me a coffee goes to Paypal.
    2- Add-n activation, looks like you dont’ have any add ons – take a look at what’s available here link.
    3-Save changes button
    4- Delete customizer settings.

There is no place on that screen to enter my email, there is no activate button.

Any ideas? I really appreciate your folks trying to help me….
    Melissa

Alex

Did you install the zip file? If not, download it from your accounts page here (dont unzip it), go to Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin > browse to the zip file you downloaded from this site and then go back to generate press and activate your email.

Alex

Make sure “GP Premium” is activated under Plugins after you upload and install it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for helping out, Alex! I appreciate it 🙂

@Melissa

Instead of just clicking the download link, right click (or the Mac equivalent) and select “Download Linked File As..”. It may say that, or “Save File As..”, “Save Linked File As..” etc..

When you select that option, it will save a file named gp_premium.zip to your computer.

Then you can go to “Plugins > Add New > Upload” and upload gp_premium.zip.

Let me know if this helps or not 🙂

Melissa Lines

Tom, Thanks so much for getting back to me! I followed your instructions and it still doesn’t work. t tried to email you a reply this morning containing screen shots of what I see when i follow your instructions. It bounced back since the email you sent me last night was from a “no reply” email addy (this forum I presume). Can you give me another email so I can send you the screen shots?
    Thanks! Melissa

Melissa Lines

Tom, more details per your instructions of last night…

1 – This morning I enabled right-click on Mac Magic Mouse. Still no go.

2 – In my downloads area, when I right-click on your file named GP-Premium there is no text relating to saving, downloading, etc. When I right-click on your file named GP-Premium a dropdown appears with these words: Open-Show in Finder-Copy Address-Remove from list.

3 – Also…FYI, When I open your folder named GP-Premium, there’s no .zip file inside. Here’s what’s in your folder: 2 folders named add ons and inc. 2 documents named change log.txt and gp-premium.php.

I have screen shots of both of these actions. If you want to see them please privately email me an addy I can use.

Thanks for the great customer support!!

Melissa

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If the folder is in your Downloads area, you’ve gone too far.

You need to find the link to your purchased download, even if it’s via email or through your account in here. It’s the download link that you right click and save as – not the downloaded folder.

More info at the top here: http://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/install-activate-addons/

This may help as well: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/just-cant-install-gp-premium-on-my-mac/

Alex

Melissa, don’t open the file you download. Its a zip that needs to be uploaded to wordpress and will be extracted automatically during install.

Melissa Lines

Ah ha! It worked – it’s installed! Thank you so much, Tom and Alex!

I had already read the install/activate instructions but had, as usual, ignored the instructions to right-click. Because…believe it or not I’ve been using a Mac full time since 1987 and I’ve never, ever NEEDED to right-click before. First time….and now that I’ve set up my Mouse for right-click (who knew I could do that:) I get to enjoy that feature you guys’ve enjoyed for years.

Thank you again for your fab customer service…you’re the best!! 🙂

Melissa

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad you got it all sorted 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.