[Resolved] Translation problem .po/.mo with Polylang

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Translation problem .po/.mo with Polylang

Home Forums Support Translation problem .po/.mo with Polylang

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Viktor

Hi there,
    I downloaded and edited the .po/.mo files for Bulgarian (bg_BG) and added them to gp-premium\lang\. This translated some of the backend but at the front end in the Blog section “Leave a comment” (for zero comments) and “# Comments” remain in English even though I have translated them manually in the .po file.
    Any ides what might be going on? I use Polylang for managing the website languages.
    Thanks a lot!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Those values are in the free theme, so you’d need to grab the translations from here: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-themes/generatepress

Then the file would go into wp-content/translations/themes.

Let me know if this helps or not 🙂

Silvano

Hi Tom,
    I got the same issue… my website have 3 languages portuguese, english and bulgarian… for the bulgarian I used PO archive from https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-themes/generatepress.
    and I did exactily what you said, but some terms didn’t translated like fields in comment area and search field placeholder.

do you have any idea what may be?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

And those terms are fully translated in the .po files you downloaded?

Silvano

Yes, I checked :/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just to confirm, where did you add the .po file? And what did you name it?

Silvano

Hi,
    well, when I reported the issue for you, I was testing only on my local version of the website.
    I downloaded the files and renamed it to generatepress-bg_BG.po and generatepress-bg_BG.mo and put it in the wp-content/languages/themes folder. Now I put these same files in this same folder but in the online version and it worked.

Does that make sense?

https://ilkominev.com/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Local vs live shouldn’t matter, but it sounds like you’re doing everything right. Maybe the wp-content/languages folder requires a live server? Super strange.

Aleš

Hello,

I have the same problem. I went through your article https://docs.generatepress.com/article/uploading-translations/ and the translations are not visible on the site. I tried to translate comment section on my wodpress site but it’s stuck in “English” language (Leave a comment, Post comment,..).

Is there any caching involved?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There shouldn’t be.

Did you upload GeneratePress translations or GP Premium translations?

Aleš

Hi, I exported GeneratePress po file from wodpres translation page, renamed as stated in the article and uploaded to the folder via ftp.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, that should do it for those particular strings.

Which language are you downloading?

Aleš

Slovenian

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

And just to confirm, you exported both the .po and .mo files and named them like this:

generatepress-sl_SI.po
    generatepress-sl_SI.mo

Then you uploaded them in wp-content/languages/themes?

Let me know 🙂

Aleš

Hmm..sorry for not knowing but how can I export .mo file? 🙂 There is only option for .po export on the wordpress page (or am I missing something).

EDIT: OK Looks like I missed the option for exporting .mo file. I would sugest to add this to your article. I will try uploading .mo file also.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.