[Resolved] Translation (GlotPress) in GP Premium are not updated

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Translation (GlotPress) in GP Premium are not updated

Home Forums Support Translation (GlotPress) in GP Premium are not updated

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    gregoirenoyelle

Hi
    I’ve finished the french translation for GP Premium in french in GlotPress but the translations are not updated on my site.
    Do I need to do something else on my side?
    Thanks,
    Grégoire

GeneratePressVersion : 2.4.2
    GP Premium 1.10.O

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Thank you! We’ll get those added in the next version.

For now, you’ll want to upload them like this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/uploading-translations/

gregoirenoyelle

Hi Tom,

Ok thanks a lot. I’ve made a video training in french about WordPress and GeneratePress. I don’t want that my students have to use FTP.
    Have you an idea about the next update date? I will add a note about that.
    If you want to see, here is the website:
    https://treow.net

Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How are your students installing GP Premium? Through an existing .zip file, or are they downloading it from our website?

gregoirenoyelle

My students have to buy it on your website and after they use the built in WordPress upload zip file.
    For the child theme, there is a download link in the lesson and they use the same built in process.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, what if you provided a custom .zip (with the updated language files) for your students after they confirm their purchase?

gregoirenoyelle

Tom,
    Thanks for your answer. Of course that’s possible but they have to use ftp for adding the files in the langages folder. I want to avoid that.
    Could you just give me an approximate date for the future update?
    Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t have an approx. date for 1.11.0 as of right now – there are a couple things being worked on.

If you provide them with the .zip, we can add the translated files to the .zip which you send them. That way they install as normal and the language will be in there.

gregoirenoyelle

Thanks Tom. If you are ok with that, I wil add a link to my downloaded and modified gp-premium folder.
    Could you confirm that I just need to update the gp-premium-fr_FR.mo file in langs folder?
    Cheers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m definitely ok with it as your students will still be getting their own licenses – you’re just supplying an updated .zip for them.

Exactly – placing that file in the langs folder is all you’ll need to do 🙂

gregoirenoyelle

Hi Tom,
    That’s perfect. Thanks a lot for your support.
    Kind regards,
    Grégoire

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.