[Support request] translate in french and other questions

Home Forums Support [Support request] translate in french and other questions

Home Forums Support translate in french and other questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sincos

Hi,

I’m trying to translate the “search” word in the single page, how can I do that? (See “emplois” and click on a post)

Also, is it possible to change the right menu to use mine? (Because we don’t want “Articles récents” in english – recent post, but we would like to have “Emplois récents” for example)

Another question : would it be possible to create a filter section for the post? Since our post will be for career so we want people to be able to filter with categories or tags… What is the best for that kind of stuff? Do we have to use a plugin?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. The theme should already be translated into French: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/fr/default/wp-themes/generatepress

Are you using the main French language, or something a little different?

2. I’m not too sure what you mean by “mine”? Can you explain a bit more?

3. For realtime filtering you would need to use a plugin. Perhaps FacetWP is worth looking into.

Let me know 🙂

sincos

1. Yes, I’m using the french language. How can I activate it? Since my dashboard is in French but the “Search” is still in english…

2. Sorry. I mean to have my own menu (at the right end side) for the career (“Emplois”) section, so I can edit the “Recent posts” title, “Archives”, etc.

3. You mean FacetWP Manipulator?? Not sure to understand what this plugin is doing :-/
    I’m looking for something like filter in woocommerce product for example but with post for the different careers… not sure I’m clear… sorry again.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. If you go to “Dashboard > Updates”, is there a button to update your translations?

2. You can add your own widgets in “Appearance > Widgets”. There’s a “Navigation Menu” widget, which can display a menu created in “Appearance > Menus”.

3. I meant this plugin: https://facetwp.com/

Or are you looking for something different?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.