[Resolved] Transitioning From Thesis Theme To Generate Press

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Transitioning From Thesis Theme To Generate Press

Home Forums Support Transitioning From Thesis Theme To Generate Press

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John

Hi!

I have a website, http://www.origamispirit.com that currently uses the Thesis Theme (2.10.09)

I need to rebuild the site using Generate Press and I’m not sure where to begin, or what kinds of problems I might encounter.

Do you have any advice for proceeding?

Thanks!

John

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

It’s difficult for us to provide advice like this without any specific questions.

I don’t see any obvious obstacles you might encounter so I’d say just get started and let us know if you run into any specific issues and we will be happy to point you in the right direction πŸ™‚

John

Thanks, Leo.

WP Engine is my host.

I added the GP premium plugin to the production site, then copied the production site to staging.

The GP Plugin does not appear in the plugin directory on staging. Is this expected behavior?

If the GP Premium plugin is added to the staging site will there be problems transfering to production?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The GP Plugin does not appear in the plugin directory on staging. Is this expected behavior?

Hmm I’m not sure – maybe because it’s a premium plugin that is not in the WordPress repository.

If the GP Premium plugin is added to the staging site will there be problems transfering to production?

No.

John

OOps…

What I should have said was that after the GP Plugin was installed on the production site, the production site was transferred to a staging environment, and the GP plugin did not appear in the list of installed plugins. So, I had to reinstall the GP plugin on staging.

I’d never seen that happen before.

Apologies for any confusion.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Your license is valid for 500 sites and looks like you are only using 3 current so a long way to go πŸ™‚

John

Thank you, Leo!

I’m pedaling as fast as I can!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.