[Support request] Topic and early replies hidden in bbpress when jumping to last post

Home Forums Support [Support request] Topic and early replies hidden in bbpress when jumping to last post

Home Forums Support Topic and early replies hidden in bbpress when jumping to last post

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike

I’m suffering an annoying issue with bbpress on my site https://oysterfares.com. If I click on the link for the latest post in a topic (it’s the time since posting in the final column on the latest posts table on the homepage) then it takes me to the topic but everything before the latest post is hidden. If I view page source then it’s all there but there’s no way to scroll up the topic unless you take the /#post-720 off the url and reload the page.

I looked in bbpress support and they suggested switching theme to a bundled one (twenty twenty-one in my case). When I did this the problem went away. The page displayed at the position of the last post but you could scroll up through the earlier posts.

It appears to be an issue where the url ends with #something. Do you have any ideas?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this CSS in your Simple CSS is creating the issue:

div#page {
        background-color: #ffffff;
        overflow: hidden;
    }

If you remove the overflow hidden property then you will see the entire page.

Mike

Thank you David,

The problem is that that CSS is handling making the sidebar(s) stretch down the full length of the page as per:

div#page {
        background-color: #ffffff;
        overflow: hidden;
    }
    div#right-sidebar, div#left-sidebar {
        margin-bottom: -99999px;
        padding-bottom: 99999px;
        background-color: #c0c8ea;
    }

Do you have any other ideas how to achieve one without the other side effect?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mike,

Remove the overflow:hidden;
    And try this CSS to extend the sidebar:

.site-content, #right-sidebar {
        display: flex;
    }
    #right-sidebar .inside-right-sidebar {
        display: flex;
        flex-direction: column;
    }
    #right-sidebar .widget:last-child {
        flex: 1;
    }

Let me know πŸ™‚

Mike

Hi Ying,

It’s almost there. The sidebars stretch to the full column depth, but the widths are different. The right sidebar escapes the overall page width by about 10px. I’ll leave it with your code on while I try and read up a bit about flex.

Thanks for your help so far. πŸ™‚

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome Mike, you could add this CSS:

.inside-right-sidebar {
        max-width: 100%;
    }

Let me know how it goes.

Mike

Hi Ying,

That sorted it, thanks. At least for the 20-60-20 displays on laptops/tablets. I’m terribly sorry to notice too late that on mobiles it’s now trying to display all three sections next to each other rather than the 60 (main content) first and each of the 20’s (sidebars) underneath. I have a horrible feeling that I’m trying to push GP beyond where it’s designed to go, so please do say so if that is the case.

I really appreciate your assistance to date.
    Mike.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No worries, we try our best to help πŸ™‚

Give this a try:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .site-content {
           flex-direction: column;
        }
    }
    Mike

Thanks! I actually just tried adding “flex-wrap: wrap” to the .site-content class and that seems to do what I want. Thanks once again for all your help.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice!
    Glad you figured it out πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.