[Resolved] Top-most navigation

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Top-most navigation

Home Forums Support Top-most navigation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom

Is there a way I can add a small menu with just a few options in the top 10 or 20px of the website. I have the Copyright add-on, and I had originally put those options in the footer, but my client wants them to show up up top. Is this possible with this theme?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m actually just finishing a secondary menu addon which will allow this, and more.

Of course, you can also use the GP Hooks addon and add this “Before the Header”.

<div style="background:white;padding:20px;text-align:center">Content in here</div>

Tom

Thanks for that fix. It works to add the top navigation, but now I have a space between the top navigation and the header/masthead. I tried putting CSS in the wp_head to this effect:

<style>
    #masthead {
    margin: 10px 0 0 0;
    }
    </style>

That didn’t work. If I make a child theme, and customize this menu, what should I put in the CSS to make sure the header and my top navigation touch each other?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have a link so I can see what’s happening?

Let me know 🙂

Tom

It will be live soon, and I can show you then. In the meantime, is this built on Bootstrap, or another responsive framework? I’m just trying to get a sense of things on the backend, and I’m trying to implement best practices for things like changing CSS and adding/implementing JavaScript libraries. Currently, my site fails on Yslow.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The CSS framework behind GeneratePress is unsemantic: http://unsemantic.com/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.