[Resolved] Top Bar Submenus

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Top Bar Submenus

Home Forums Support Top Bar Submenus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Schmitt

I’m looking to add in a dropdown menu on one of the links in a menu on my top bar widget area.

I played around with the CSS a little to get it so the sub menu items show when I hover over the parent menu item, but it’s not really usable because the menu items disappear before I can click.

Any suggestions to make this work?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you considered using the Secondary Nav module?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Simon

If you are using GP Premium, with the Secondary Nav module activated, it’s a simple process:
    – Assign your menu to ‘Secondary Navigation’
    – In Customizer -> Layout -> Top Bar, activate ‘Merge with Secondary Navigation’

Kyle Schmitt

Ah! Ok so I was originally using the secondary nav for another menu area (there’s technically 3 different menus on the top of the site) so I planned on using the top bar to house the highest positioned one.

BUT – Thanks to your suggestions I just rearranged the structure a little and now it works.

I ended up taking what you two suggested and merged the menu I wanted on the top bar with the top bar area. Then created an additional widget area above the header content using GP Hooks to house what used to be the secondary nav as it’s own independent widget.

Thanks! Sometimes you just need a second set of eyes and getting out of your own head. πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.