Black Friday Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Resolved] Toolset integration

Home Forums Support Toolset integration

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Georgios

Hello
    While i check the wp-types.com docs i see that it supports some popular themes but Not GP
    see here : https://wp-types.com/documentation/user-guides/#integration-themes-plugins

i weanted to ask if tollset can be used with GP ? any experience on that?
    also do you plan in the future GP to be integrated like avada ,divi, genesis and the other themes listed at wp-types.com?

thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

HI Georgios,

I haven’t used Toolset with GP personally but it should be compatible no problem as I’ve seen other users with this combo.

Let us know if you run into problem 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is there anything specific a theme needs to have in order to be compatible? If it’s supposed to work with any theme, it will work with GP.

If there’s something the theme has to do, I should be able to provide a function etc.. if pointed in the right direction.

Georgios

thank you

I havent yet tried toolset with GPP, i just bought the plugin and i read and watch tutorials
    Here : https://wp-types.com/documentation/user-guides/#integration-themes-plugins I didnt see GeneratePress so i was worried because i plan to use toolset with GPP-

There is nothing specific yet i need help and i am sure that in case i need Tom will help 🙂

by the way ,have you reached wp-types in order to add Generate Press at their list with integrated theme?
    i think it will be a nice move ?

thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I haven’t, but I will!

Let me know if you run into any issues 🙂

dmccan

I have been a user of Toolset for a long time. There are several plugins that are in the toolset. Types, the plugin that you use to create custom post types works great with Generate Press.

I used Views with Generate Press and found that I got double title, featured image, and post meta, which meant that I had to use a child theme and edit some of the GeneratePress template files … but it worked.

Another toolset plugin is Layouts. The part you refer to about integration is in relation to Layouts. They recently added a feature to Layouts where you can use it like a builder for the content portion of your posts with any theme and that should work with GeneratePress. The other part of Layouts, to use it for the header and footer etc will not work unless Layouts is integrated with the theme.

GeneratePress is pretty flexible and if you are happy with its design then you probably don’t need or want the full Layouts integration. The Views part of Toolset is very powerful and handy and that part you will likely want to use if you do anything complex on your site. Hope this helps and was not confusing.

Georgios

Thank you David, your feedback and experience with toolset is very usefull:)
    Tom , it will be very good to reach wp-types.com and have GP at their list with themes
    i see that people use toolset and it is a powerfull plugin plus their people have great support

thank you
    Georgios

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, David!

Will do, Georgios 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.