[Support request] Too much images

Home Forums Support [Support request] Too much images

Home Forums Support Too much images

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Birgit

Hello everyone!
    I’m not sure if my problem is owed to GP, WordPress or Envira. On my private side there are many photos, of which WordPress (or Envira or GP) always creates countless additional photos in sizes that I do not use at all. These photos are also recognized as “Unreferenced Unused Images” by the “Image Cleanup” plugin. I can delete them in painstaking work, but after a few days they are all back again.

Wordpress has the command not to create more photos in sizes that do not match the original size, Envira says it’s on WordPress. Has anyone still this problem or does anyone know remedy? I am adding a link to a screenshotof ImageCleanup:

http://up.picr.de/29647076vo.png

Now I found this: http://enviragallery.com/how-to-stop-wordpress-from-generating-image-sizes/ and it seems I have to perform step 3, but I’m using a child-theme. If I edit the original functions.php, the changes can be released again in future updates. What can I do now?

Greetings from Germany
    Birgit

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

GP will generate images if you have a height or width set in Customize > Blog > Featured Images.

Other than that, WordPress creates about 3 image sizes per image.

Step 3 shouldn’t be necessary, as GP doesn’t create any sizes like that.

Birgit

Hi Tom,

thanks for answering!

In GP height and width were “Auto”, is that the reason for creating images in different sizes? I set them on “0” now, is that correct?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If both were set to Auto (no value), then GP won’t be creating any additional images.

Birgit

Both were set to Auto. But who could create these additional images? Yesterday I deleted more than 3000 images, today there are more than 300 unused images again. WordPress not creates more photos in sizes that do not match the original size. I’m helpless…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s hard to tell – it could be a plugin you’re using. Maybe a custom function?

Are they being created all the time, or only sometimes?

Birgit

Unfortunately all the time, Tom, and on different websites/URLs.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If they’re happening all the time, try deactivating your plugins. Do they stop? Now activate each plugin one by one until they start generating again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.