[Resolved] Title tag with Quotes

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Title tag with Quotes

Home Forums Support Title tag with Quotes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ivaylo

Hi,
    I’m looking my pages with google dev tools and find out there is a title tag with quotes on each page. I’ve already contacted Rank Math and they said this title tag is not created by their plugin.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP adds title tag support using the WP core function ie. add_theme_support( 'title-tag' );
    WP then hooks in the title tag for us, but we don’t interfere with what is outut – we leave that to the core defaults. Which for a single post type returns this as an example ( taken from this topic ):

<title>Title tag with Quotes - GeneratePress</title>

As you have "" quotes and a | pipe character in yours means there is some other function that is changing that.

If its no Rankmath, then do you have any other plugins or functions that intefere with the meta ?

Ivaylo

No other plugins interfere with meta tags. It is either GeneratePress or RankMath, so far both of you are denying to be the reason.

Interesting fact is that some posts are with quotes and some don’t have quotes. See examples below.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Ivaylo,

To test, can you try #1 here?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

It would be best to take a backup of your site before doing so.

Ivaylo

resolved

Fernando
    Customer Support

Glad it’s been resolved!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.