[Resolved] Title Disappearing On Sticky Header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Title Disappearing On Sticky Header

Home Forums Support Title Disappearing On Sticky Header

• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hello,

When I scroll down, the header disappears like it should. Then when I scroll back up, the header reappears, but only with the menu showing. The site title is gone. How do I get the site title to reappear in the header when scrolling back up?

Similar question for the mobile view. The menu jumps to the left with the search magnifier on the right but no site title. How can I get the site title to reappear in the middle?

Thanks,
    Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It’s actually not possible to add site title to the sticky navigation and sticky mobile header using GP Premium 1.7.8.

However, we’ve introduced new options that will make this super easy in the next version of GP Premium which is currently available for Alpha testing.

Check out the Navigation as Header and Mobile Header Branding sections of this article:
    https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-8/

This would be the easiest solution right now.

Let me know if you are ok to give it a go πŸ™‚

Michael

Hi Leo,

Thanks. The new version looks amazing. So, yes i would like to give it a try. Let me know what I need to do.

Mike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the alpha plugin is available in your Account > Downloads

Michael

So, I downloaded the alpha version. I see the addition of Sections, Site Library and Woo Commerce and the reference to GP Premium 1.8.0 alpha in the appearance section of GP. But, when I go to the customizer, I do not see the new Branding Type and Stick under the Layout>Header section of the customizer. I cleared all the cache. Logged out and back in. But, it’s still not there.

Any ideas?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Do you have the Menu Plus module activated? If not, activate it and those options will appear.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michael

Hi Tom. Yes, I had the Menu Plus module activated. This is the version of GP I show on my site: Version 1.8.0-alpha.1 I don’t see any option in Layout>Header for Branding Type and Sticky. Would deactivating all my cache make any difference?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The Navigation as Header option will only appear if the old Navigation Logo option isn’t set.

The Mobile Header Branding option should appear by default, as long as the Mobile Header option is enabled.

Your cache shouldn’t prevent these options from showing up.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michael

Ok, thanks Tom. I finally figured it out. I had failed to click the “Use Navigation As Header” box which seems obvious now. So, everything is working correctly.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.