[Resolved] Thoughts for a landing page…

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Thoughts for a landing page…

Home Forums Support Thoughts for a landing page…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Kris

Good morning,

I really like 2 things about the design of this website. http://www.tonicsiteshop.com/

1. The menu at the top, would the possible updates your are making for header widgets allow me to design a menu bar like this?

2. The scrolling image landing page with the links. Is there a plug in, or features already in Generate press that would allow me to design a landing page with this scrolling image functionality?

Thank you!
    Kris

Kris

p.s. I can’t believe how much a company can charge for website design when Generate Press allows you to create a similar website with just a little legwork. This is the best purchase and I appreciate the support from both of you! Thanks, Kris

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Kris,

Like that design a lot.

Which part of the header are you wanting to do? The borders? Logo in the center? Tagline + link on top of the navigation? Or all of it combined? It’s do-able, but would definitely involve some custom coding in GP Hooks, at least at this time.

As for the scrolling image – I assume you mean the carousel feature they have? You would have to use a plugin for that – there’s tons of sliders out there that have carousel features as well – might just need to find one that has the closest style to that and then tweak it a bit.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Kris

Thanks Tom, I love everything about that header and the display of the menu. I also like how the menu is displayed on the mobile version. Great looking site and organization all around. I will sit tight with the menu display that I have knowing that you are always making improvements to Generate Press for people like me who have not dabbled in custom coding.

Carousel, I did not know that terminology. I’ll poke around. Thank you.

Kris

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The way they achieved the header/menu looks great, but take a look at the source of the website – that code is.. messy to say the least.

If you’d like to try to achieve it (or at least get close), it’s probably best to tackle it in phases.

The first phase would be to set up your menus on either side of the logo, this method is probably best for this kind of layout: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/feature-request-for-header-and-navigation-layout/#post-266841

If you’d like to work through it, let me know when you have that set up and we’ll get to the next phase πŸ™‚

Kris

Wonderful, Tom! Thank you so very much, I’ll have a look at the link, see if I can figure it out and get back to you.

Kris

Hi Tom,

I played around with my site some more and I think I love it without trying to copy the header of Tonic Site Shop. I have not used GP Hooks, yet, and not all that comfortable with going there. BUT…I played around with Full Screen images in the page header and I really like the way it turned out. Clean and simple.

For now, I’m happy with my design. But I always appreciate your help!

Hope you are having a great week,
    Kris
    http://www.littledotbigdifference.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Your site looks great! Really like it πŸ™‚

Kris

That means so much, thank you! Thanks for making it possible for me to develop it on my own, resulting in a professional look. I think it looks just like a site that people would pay a lot of money for. πŸ˜‰ Your theme made it possible, best money I’ve ever spent!

One quick question…when I pull up my site on my phone. The footer widgets are left aligned, is it possible to center them?

Thanks! Kris

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kris,

Try this CSS:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .inside-footer-widgets,
        .inside-footer-widgets .lsi-social-icons{
            text-align: center !important;
        }
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Let me know.

Kris

Hi Leo! Worked like a charm, thank you!!

Kris

Kris

I spoke a little too soon. I noticed my social media icon’s were still left aligned so I went in to the Lightweight Social Icons widget and changed the setting to center. Everything looks great on the mobile device, but the desktop would look better with a left alignment? Is there a way to only make the social icon’s centered for the mobile device?

Thanks,
    Kris

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Edited the code above πŸ™‚

Let me know.

Kris

That was quick! I updated the code and saved the CSS and it didn’t change…from what I can tell…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try changing the alignment back to left in the widget.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.