This is so weird……..

Home Forums Support This is so weird……..

Home Forums Support This is so weird……..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Blaushild

I don’t know what’s going on – I added a couple of .pdf samples to the Portfolio page. But I needed to add a new version of one of them. So when I deleted it from both the Portfolio page and saved Media folder, the one that I deleted keeps showing up as after I click on the new link, even though I’ve uploaded the NEW version from my Desktop! How can this be? The only way I can get the NEW .pdf sample on the page is to change the title! Otherwise, the .pdf that I deleted from the Portfolio page AND the Media folder keeps showing up!!! Is there a trash can that I’m supposed to empty somewhere on the WordPress site? What am I doing wrong?

I really don’t want to have to keep changing the title so the new version will appear.

Thanks for any help!!!

Lisa

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Lisa,

It may be your browser cache, or maybe a caching plugin on your site.

Try clearing your cache after updating the file and then try to access it.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Lisa Blaushild

I only have three GP add-ons, don’t know what a caching plug-in is. But I’ll try clearing the cache and let you know.

Thanks, and have a great Sunday!

Lisa

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You too! ๐Ÿ™‚

Lisa Blaushild

Hi again Tom,

Well, I’m still having trouble uploading a new version of a .pdf to the site. It did work with another .pdf but not when I only cleared the cache. I had to clear ALL cookies and cache from the computer, and then I could upload a new version of one of the pages.

But now it’s happening again — And this time clearing all cookies and clearing cache isn’t working! I clicked “permanently delete” to get rid of the older version from the website and Media folder, but when I try to upload the NEW .pdf from my desktop with minor changes, the OLD one keeps showing up on the website — even though it’s NOWHERE on the site or even on my desktop! I tried clearing cookies and cache AGAIN, but the older version keeps appearing.

Do you have any ideas? I don’t know where it could be stored since I deleted it EVERYWHERE — but it keeps appearing on the website when I attempt to upload the NEW .pdf to the page!

It’s very weird that the older version would keep showing up, since it’s in the trash pretty much everywhere – and cache and cookies are cleared.

Thanks again for any advice,

Lisa

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does your WordPress hosting come with caching? Maybe Google hosting for WordPress? I know they have baked in caching.

Regardless, it sounds like a caching issue somewhere along the line.

Lisa Blaushild

Okay, thanks, I’ll call them and find out. I can only successfully upload newer versions if I change the title.

Thanks again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.