[Resolved] There's no blog template available under page attribute for new pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] There's no blog template available under page attribute for new pages

Home Forums Support There's no blog template available under page attribute for new pages

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Megan

I’m creating a new page to display blog posts, but there’s no template for a ‘Blog’ page available under my page attributes options. The only template options I have under page attributes are default template, elementor canvas, or elementor full width. None of these allow me to display posts from certain categories.

I see that I can display blog posts within a page if I upgrade to the pro version of Elementor, but surely I shouldn’t have to pay extra to have a blog template when I’ve already purchased a premium theme?!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Megan

apologies, I should have clarified, we have enabled the Aspire theme from your premium site library πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The Aspire Theme uses a page called Blog and the WP Show Posts plugin to output the post list.
    You can either edit that page or instead of using WP Show Posts simply create a new empty page – then in Dashboard > Settings > Reading assign that page to Display latest posts. This will display the default GP Blog.

The method using WP Show Posts will allow you to add other content to the ‘blog’ page.

Megan

Perfect thankyou very much, that’s great πŸ™‚

Megan

Resolved πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.