[Resolved] Theme update made my leave a comment and category name to appeer twice

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Theme update made my leave a comment and category name to appeer twice

Home Forums Support Theme update made my leave a comment and category name to appeer twice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SOmto

Hello, please I just updated my theme to the latest generate press version and this has caused my category name and leave a comment to appear twice on the excerpt page.

While and on the full post category name and next/ previous posts appear twice.

I don’t know what to do, please help me.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you using a child theme with any core files added to it?

If so, look for something like this in the files:

<footer class="entry-meta">
    	<?php generate_entry_meta(); ?>
    </footer><!-- .entry-meta -->

If you see the above in any of your child theme files, remove it.

Somto

Thank you so much that issue has been solved.

But, i am having another problem now. My featured images aren’t loading and i cant upload files on my website.

Please how can i solve that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you go into “Customize > Blog > Post Images”, do you have anything entered into the width and height fields?

What error do you get when trying to upload files?

Let me know 🙂

Somto

It doesn’t even load when i try to upload – at most it shows Http error.

Then i try to insert a picture that has already been uploaded to the media library in order to test but it wouldn’t even show up in the featured image preview side that is below the page for making posts.

It shows a very short transparent button loading.

No image on my website; both those in posts and pages is able to display but the write-ups are showing.

I don’t know how this happened, but it started recently.

Kindly help me out.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Could be a server/hosting issue. You can call your hosting and ask them to look at your error_log file to see if there’s anything going on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.