[Support request] Theme is showing wrong number of columns in posts and pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Theme is showing wrong number of columns in posts and pages

Home Forums Support Theme is showing wrong number of columns in posts and pages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marieke

When I add a block on a page or post that contains multiple columns, such as a block with woo-coommerce products or gallery-images the theme shows the wrong amount of columns. When I switch to other wp-themes it shows correctly so it is really the generatepress theme that is causing this problem.

When I enter 4 columns, the theme shows 3 columns. When I enter 6 columns, it shows 5. On mobile it shows only 1 column when I entered 3, with a lot of white space on the right. I played with pretty much all settings I could find, but nothing works.

I’ve tried to suggested grid-plugins but those don’t work in Gutenberg.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Grid items that have padding causes the element to expand in width which breaks there grid. Seeing a lot of lazy plugins that don’t bother to include a box-sizing property to stop this from happening. Other themes apply this to every element on the site, which is not the most efficient way of doing things. But to replicate that you can try the following CSS:

html {
        box-sizing: border-box
    }

* , :after, :before {
        box-sizing: inherit
    }
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.