[Resolved] theme conflict with Elementor forms

Home Forums Support [Resolved] theme conflict with Elementor forms

Home Forums Support theme conflict with Elementor forms

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Maria

I’m currently having issues with Elementor forms on multiple websites where I’m also using GeneratePress (child) theme – specifically, when I click the submit button on any Elementor form, it returns a red X error message (form is never submitted/ received).

Contacted Elementor support and they found that after deactivating the GeneratePress theme, Elementor forms worked properly. All themes and plugins are currently up-to-date/ latest version. Please advise.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you mention you are using a Child Theme. Do the Forms work correctly if you do not use the child theme ?

Maria

Hi David,
    Happy New Year to you…and Yes! The Forms DO work if I DON’T use the child theme. So what’s that mean/ what can I do to resolve this issue?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Maria,

It depends on the contents of the child theme.

It may just be a simple line of PHP within the child theme’s functions.php but it can also be a page template file if you’re using one.

If you’re using the child theme only for its functions.php, you can try removing snippets and see if the conflict stops occurring. This way, you can pinpoint the culprit code and figure out an alternative to it if what the snippet does is necessary. ๐Ÿ˜€

Maria

Hi Elvin,
    Thank you for your help! It was indeed an issue with some code I added on the child theme – found the snippet and fixed it. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction:) All the best to you.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. Glad you got it sorted. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.