[Support request] Theme Clinic cannot update

Home Forums Support [Support request] Theme Clinic cannot update

Home Forums Support Theme Clinic cannot update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Robbert

Hi,
    I have been working on the theme Clinic, mainly adding content.

For some reasons I can not update the theme. I get a red alert with no json-reaction.

I deactivated all my plugins but no luck.

Do you guys have some tips?

Thanks,

Robbert

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Robbert,

I just logged in and tested but did not experience the issue. Can you take a look at the video below and let me know if I’m missing a step anywhere?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/iFXsdph3OX

Robbert

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the quick response and checking it out.

I need to clarify my initial question a bit, I was working on the homepage. I just logged in from another device at home and still can not update the page. Can you check it out for me?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Robbert

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Strange. I can see the issue now but not sure why it’s only on the home page.

Are you able to start a staging site so we can do some more tests?

Robbert

Hi Leo,

You may use this domain, i just installed the theme and WordPress yesterday.

Hope you can find something.

Thanks in advance.

Robbert

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Robbert,

I tried setting the theme to a different one, specifically, Twenty-twenty which is a WordPress theme.

I also disabled GP products to test if this is a GP related issue. Upon doing so, I found that the issue still existed.

See: https://share.getcloudapp.com/p9uOxZGy

Perhaps you can try #4 or #5 here: https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/wordpress/fix-405-error#:~:text=The%20405%20or%20%E2%80%9C405%20Not,that%20it%20recognizes%20your%20request.

It would also be advisable to reach out to your hosting provider if they may have an insight regarding this.

Lastly, you could also try reinstalling WordPress and see how it goes.

Hope this helps!

Robbert

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for all the effort you guys put in this.

I reinstalled WordPress with a new database. Before I downloaded GeneratePress Clinic theme everything worked fine.

The error is somewhere on the “Home” page because if I change and make the “Services” page the new static homepage i can edit and save.

I am not that code savvy so for now I am not using Clinic on my site.

Hope you guys can fix this for other people.

Thanks,

Robbert

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Robbert,

I tried importing Clinic to my install and there is no issue updating the homepage.

Leo tried the same on his install with no issue as well.

Usually the error 405 means server receives the request, but refuses to make the changes.

I would recommend reaching out to your host to check if there’s anything especial in the error log 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.