[Resolved] Theme causing a stream of errors in error_log

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Theme causing a stream of errors in error_log

Home Forums Support Theme causing a stream of errors in error_log

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    troyw

Hey team,
    I have been experiencing some critical errors with this website and on investigation, it appears that the Error_log in my Cpanel File Manager is packed with thousands of errors which appear to relate to the GP Theme.
    First thing I tried is swapping GP theme to WordPress Twenty Twenty One theme. When I do, the errors stop. When I activate GP or my Child theme, the errors come back.
    I have attached a line from the error log. Please could you advise what could be causing this.

Many thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there isn’t anything in the Theme that would cause a WordPress Database error.

That error says a SELECT query is being made against this Table: bragdesi_wp20.backupdb_wpp4_lstat and that table doesn’t exist.

First make sure the GP Themes functions.php has not been modified, you compare your file with this here:

https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/master/functions.php

Then disable the Child Theme and see if new errors are reported.

troyw

Hey David,

Yes, I had tried everything you suggested without success, however I just completely deleted GP and re-installed a new one and the errors appear to have stopped. Not sure what happened, perhaps the Database wigged out at some stage and corrupted the theme. Anyway, seems OK now, so I will monitor. Sorry to waste your time David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems, glad to hears its working now 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.